Saturday, August 11, 2012

Hoppy.



My kids have never been ones to come up with creative names for pets. Connor and Maddy both had stuffed animals as toddlers. Invariably, they were named Puppy, Bear etc. Exceptions were Floppy, Fuzzy, and Bob. Oh, and Hobbes………..

So when Connor caught another frog in the backyard, I had to laugh when he named it "Hoppy". Not Sir-Hops-a-lot or Poison (Great name for a toad, right?)

We recently aquired a goldfish named Rockstar. Unfortunately, goldfish are dirty creatures. So I bought a bottom-feeding catfish and a sucker fish to help keep the tank clean.

Naming fish is apparently more fun than naming frogs and puppies becuase the kids actually came up with a few good names. I voted for naming them Sushi and Sashimi, but was out voted by the kids. Connor wanted to stick with RockStar2…(insert eyeroll here) but after much debate we settled on Count Suckula and Whiskers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blah Blah Blah! I know you want to let me know what you think! :)