Saturday, August 11, 2012

1st Day of 3rd Grade.




Maddy is thrilled beyond belief to be a real-live, 3rd grader.

She kept telling me the whole way to school. "I'm so excited to be a 3rd grader this year!" "I don't need help with (her freakishly large) backpack because I am a 3rd grader!"

She was disappointed that her brand new glasses were not ready yet, but she will have pink and purple glasses to wear for the 2nd week of school. I shouldn't have expected her to make it this long. Genetics are stacked against her. She has one good eye and one that is pretty bad. She didn't realize how poor her vision was because she was compensating for the bad eye. Of course, when we went to pick up her glasses today, she noticed right away how much better she could see….and how much brighter everything was. The tv and computer were too bright! I think she will adjust soon enough.

She did get to pick the fabric and design for her new dress though.   I wasn't sold on the idea of ruffles all the way down the front, but I have to admit, the fabric and style worked well!  She is still measuring about a size 4 wide and size 6 long (although, I've learned to add a few inches for modesty!)   I had never tried this pattern before and it was really baggy...but I've also learned that a sash or tie will make anything fit her!  

She still has a few more projects in the works, but soon I'll get started on Halloween costumes!  I was hoping to make her a Civil War Dress but I suspect she and Connor are going as Calvin and Hobbes.  How to make a cute Tiger costume that isn't really heavy and warm?  Hmmm.   Living in Arizona has it's challenges but I'll figure something out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blah Blah Blah! I know you want to let me know what you think! :)