Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Wordle...What I write about.

wordle

I wondered what would happen if I slurped my blog into wordle. The idea is the largest words are used either most often or most recently....the smaller the word, the less frequently it is used. I guess this proves that I talk about my kids a lot. I have made a goal to start blogging more frequently, and on a regular basis and about more than just the cute things my kids do.

Right now my life is at that strange point where I am still up in the air because of the move, still have a to-do-list a mile long, but yet, I am feeling calmer and happier than in years.

I love the Army life but living under the looming deployments for so long was taking it's toll. There are many things about Fort Hood that really do make it a "Great Place". It's grown so much in the last 12 years and Austin has fantastic things as well. But even though we had friends and a safe little home, it wasn't someplace I could relax and feel comfortable. If it wasn't MY husband off on yet another deployment, it was a friend who was suffering or lonely. It was the fact that I know way too many widows...all of them Army wives who made a sacrifice. It was the fact that the Cav, while full of grand tradition, was also full of arrogance, politicking and backstabbing. Unfortunately, it only takes a few bad individuals to make a workplace miserable. Even though we have had several amazing, fantastic units....by the end, we were ready to go.

Leaving wasn't much fun. There were headaches and one teeny tiny nervous breakdown on my part. We had to leave Fort Hood on VERY short notice. Our realtor did not ensure that we were definitely going to be able to stay in our home past the closing date, as planned. We found out on a Wed night that it wasn't going to work. Since Matt had to leave that weekend anyway and there was no way for me to drive a moving van with 2 kids in the front seat safely....we all just starting packing like crazy!

We packed up on Thursday, got the truck on Friday and finished loading it up on Saturday morning....just in time for us to leave bright and early Sunday! We had to take it easy since Matt was towing his GTO behind the 26 foot moving truck. We took 2 days to make the drive and then stayed in a 20x20 room for a week while we waited for our home to be ready. I love my kids, but I do have more respect for the pioneer families that lived 6 or more to a tiny room!

I'll update with our home pictures later, but for now, we are loving the laid back attitudes, the dry weather and the lack of insanity! I didn't realize how much I liked the dry altitude until we made a quick trip back to Killeen. Wow. Muggy and humid! It didn't take me long to readjust at all!

Matt wanted to just roar into town, grab his truck and leave again, but he was wonderful and sweet as usual. We stayed for two days so I could say goodbye to friends and see them one last time. I didn't get much time for goodbyes the first time we left! I am glad that I have a blog and facebook....I don't want to loose touch with the friends I've made the last few years. I've had friends move away and come back several times to Fort Hood....but I probably won't see them at Fort Huachuca. Of course, visitors are always welcome!

So there you have it....a blog that is NOT about my kids.

3 comments:

  1. First off... I love wordle. :) I like putting song lyrics into it and seeing what I end up with. :P

    Secondly... I don't know how you managed to get packed and moved so quickly. That would have been entirely impossible for my family. I'm looking at my bedroom (which I now have to pack up in preparation for leaving in 3 weeks- eek!) and thinking it's going to take me several days to get it all done. You are amazing for getting that done so quickly. You are superwoman!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did have some prepacking done. When we put our house on the market, we packed up as much extra clutter as we could so the house would look like a show house.

    And you could get packed faster if you absolutely had too! Motivation works!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did have some prepacking done. When we put our house on the market, we packed up as much extra clutter as we could so the house would look like a show house.

    And you could get packed faster if you absolutely had too! Motivation works!

    ReplyDelete

Blah Blah Blah! I know you want to let me know what you think! :)