Thursday, May 13, 2010

Moving....and and unexpected blessing

We were supposed to move to Sierra Vista/Fort Huachuca later this month. Life interfered (I'll skip the drama, but it was highly stress inducing and frustrating) All said and done, we got a phone call at 7:30 on Wed and moved out on the following weekend. We arrived at our hotel in Sierra Vista on Monday night....to live in a 20x20 box with our kids for a week till our new home was ready.

The Goat on the move
2010May09_2701
2010May09_2702

That meant a lot of close personal contact with very little privacy or quiet. I took the kids on a tour of the town...and that took very little time. We swam in the pool and vegged out in the room. but by Wed I was going stir crazy.

I realized that the Gila Valley Temple was having an open house this week. I hadn't planned on going because we were not even supposed to be here! So I loaded the kids in the car for the 2 hour drive (as though we hadn't had enough time in the car so far!)

It was a good decision. I clearly felt the Spirit there. I was impressed at how much my kids responded to their visit to the House of the Lord. It was a wonderful opportunity to bear witness of Christ to my kids and see them really take it to heart.

2010May13_2640a

2010May13_2652a

2010May13_2655a

Maddy is struggling with the very bright Arizona sun, so she wore the hat that I bought at Disneyworld last year!
2010May13_2660a

See? Bright!
2010May13_2670a




I will always remember the sight of my precious son praying with real intent in the Celestial room and my daughter whispering to me that she loved being there. I will remember that my children felt the presence of the Lord and truely know him.

1 comment:

  1. I really wish I could have gone- I was planning on going but then never had the chance, especially because it is such a long drive and the school year is just now wrapping up. I can't wait to at least go to the Open House for the Phoenix and Gilbert temples in coming years. That is so sweet that Connor and Maddie both loved it so much. It's amazing how in tune with the Spirit kids can be- I have heard several stories from friends who went of babies/little kids being totally quiet throughout the tour.

    ReplyDelete

Blah Blah Blah! I know you want to let me know what you think! :)