Saturday, February 13, 2010

Hard work

Matt is home. I just want to say that over and over, because I love how it sounds!

The point is, now that he is home, some things that have needed to be done are finally getting done.
I admit that while I am a get-stuff-done kind of girl but I'm just not into yard work lately. I did the garden thing 2 years ago and loved it but it's been a rough year and the yard shows it. Boy has been digging holes in the yard and building things....basically a nice way to say he destroyed it.

So today the guys went outside and Matt supervised (and helped) Connor as he picked up toys, threw broken and damaged stuff away. He stacked up bricks and wood and fixed things and raked the rocks in the patio area....

At the end of the 3 hours of work, they sat and stared at their hard work while they sipped root beers. Matt asked Connor what he thought about the morning. Connor was confident in his answer that the work had been VERY hard and exhausting.

Matt looked him in the eye and said, "Today was an easy day. Did you know that some people do work that's even harder than all the work we did today? They do it all day long, not just for 3 hours!"

And the clincher...

"And if you don't do your homework THAT'S the kind of job you'll have when you grow up!!"


MWAHAHAHAHHAA! I love it!


**************

BEAE63B6-61EF-4337-81CE-8ED0F17615E3

And my newest silly addiction? Trying to learn to ride a unicycle. Ultimately this might not work since it seems almost too small. I think this may be a child size, but Connor refuses to even try it!


**************


Connor and Maddy love building things at Home Depot. It doesn't seem to matter what the project is either! They love hammering and following directions "all by themselves". it's a fun way to spend a Saturday morning!

Texas is usually pretty warm, but occasionally we will have snow! Horray! I was gone, but Matt took pictures of the snow while it lasted. By the time I came home at noon, the majority of the snow was gone and the snowman was drooping!

2010Feb17_1404

2010Feb23_1381

2010Feb23_1383

2010Feb23_1387

2010Feb23_1391

And a little blackmail photo...
2010Feb23_1400

1 comment:

Blah Blah Blah! I know you want to let me know what you think! :)