Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Matt is home!

MATT IS HOME! I was bouncing around for days, trying to get things done, but I was too frazled and scatterbrained.

His flight was delayed from 0730 to 1100, which was perfect. We didn't have to race around and get going super early or stand in the freezing cold. I wouldn't have minded all the fuss, but since I couldn't sleep the night before it turned out to be a good thing!

Maddie woke up first thing, bouncing around and happy, "Is Daddy here?" She thought it was going to be like Christmas where Daddy just magically appeared.
20100126_1078

20100126_1342

20100126_1333


We got a call that it was delayed another 45 minutes, so then we ended up standing around just waiting anxiously to go. We had a quick trip to Walmart where Maddie picked out the BIGGEST heart balloon that she could find and Connor got a welcome home balloon.
20100126_1115

Then it was off to Div Headquarters for the ceremony. Connor and Maddie were confused at first. "Where will the plane land? How will he get here if there is no airport here? Are you SURE we shouldn't go to the airport?" but we worked it out just fine.

The music was loud and the sun was shining. The crowds were cheerful and excited! I have shot many many reunions, so I decided to pull a sneaky trick and do the press thing one more time! I got to go behind the buses as the soldiers unloaded (as always) and see Matt a whole 2 minutes early! Actually, I think he got a kick out of seeing me too...he was grinning and pointing me out to he friends. I was so blessed that Alice Metcalf was willing to join me to watch the kids and then to take pictures of the actual reunion!

026_1

Untitled_Panorama1 copy

The kids were so happy to see their daddy! I lost sight of Matt for a minute so I held Maddie up in the air, so he could find us. I figured that between the giant heart and the gigantic bows on Maddie's head, he couldn't miss us!

037_1

And sure enough, he was back with us and we were a family once again! It's strange how we have come back to being a family so quickly and easily. I'm sure we will have to work some bugs out and adjust as we prepare to move in just a few months, but I'm looking forward to it all!

20100126_1393

20100126_1371

20100126_1365

20100126_1348


20100126_1333

20100126_1212

20100126_1166

20100126_1152

20100126_1115

039_1

038_1



6 comments:

  1. Those are so cute and so good! I wish you could come to Kentucky when Preston comes back home next year to get our pics. I'll have to look for someone who takes as good of pics as you do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous and wonderful! I'm so happy for all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My friend and I were recently talking about technology, and how integrated it has become to our daily lives. Reading this post makes me think back to that discussion we had, and just how inseparable from electronics we have all become.


    I don't mean this in a bad way, of course! Ethical concerns aside... I just hope that as memory becomes less expensive, the possibility of uploading our brains onto a digital medium becomes a true reality. It's a fantasy that I dream about all the time.


    (Posted on Nintendo DS running [url=http://crystalguo.vox.com/library/post/how-does-the-r4i-or-r4-work.html]r4i ds[/url]NDSBro)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Been absent for bloggy land for awhile, but keeping tabs on you via twitter. :)

    So getting here a little late but belated congrats just the same!

    I LOVE maddie's big bows!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Blah Blah Blah! I know you want to let me know what you think! :)