Wednesday, October 21, 2009

You know your son is cool when....


You know your son is cool when he is as awesome as my son.

Ok, I'm not deluded. We need to get this boy into sports soon so his geekiness doesn't overpower the coolness that is Connor but I saw his BGI journal this morning and flipped through it.


1. BGI is Bullies Gone Inc. No he isn't being bullied but he loves Calvin and Hobbies and he has gotten into a few fights on the schoolyard so he thought this was a good idea.


2. BTW, when he got in a fight, the teacher made both boys jump up and down while in time out to burn off the extra energy. Apparently they were both so wound up they were not being careful and one accident led to another, which led to fighting...good idea! Although I would have used pushups!


3. He opens his journal with a quote about battles, taken from a book.

War is blood. In war we say, the bloods the terror, you never know when to strike, you must win the battles. Use frost beaks, ice talons, fire claws. Guardians win with wits, not might.

Note: I didn't realize this was in the books he was reading, but I am guessing it's from the Guardians of Ga'hoole series about a group of owls.


4. We had a fundraiser at school where the kids could earn prizes for selling cookie dough. I pointed out how much he had to sell to earn a $6 screaming monkey slingshot....so he made a list of the prizes that he would want. And then listed them in Pig Latin and "Irish" so nobody would understand the code.


Irish is like pig latin, except instead of ending in "ay" you end in "er". He is actually really good at this! He is constantly talking to me in "Irish" or "Pig Lay-ten".


V. Yes, I switched to Roman Numerals. He had asked me how Roman numerals work once and it turns out that he did understand the concept becuase everything is numbered in Roman numerals! Correctly, I might add.

Freaking Awesome. or OSM! as Maddie would spell.


VI. The list also includes the punnishments for breaking rules (to come later). Also listed in Pig Latin and "Irish". They involve things like time out, dodging paint, doing 300 pushups, getting tackled and writing. In my defense, I've never made him dodge paint...


VII. The RULES! Written with large Roman Numeral Headings . Some of the rules are actually pretty good rules, no lying or stealing. Others are pretty bizzare. Here are a few.

I. Every secret plan needs a code. The more complicated the better. (extra points if you know where that came from!)
III. Never turn in homework late.
IV . If homework is late, you will receive a mopping. (um, no clue on this one!)
VII. Never go coo-coo.
XI. No drinking soda.
XII. You are allowed to do extra homework. (he is not refering to "real" homework, but the crazy stuff he makes up, like making more lists, codes and battle plans)
XIII. Moppers also feed plants.
XVI. Must complete work before earling a bugbe.


I have to say that I love my boy. He surprises me sometimes but he is such a remarkable boy. He cracks me up with the way his mind works and I only hope that he is always creative and full of excitement ..... and not a just full blown geek in high school.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blah Blah Blah! I know you want to let me know what you think! :)