Sunday, February 1, 2009

Flashback....

One of the cool things about using Flickr for my photos is the nifty toys that are out there. I highly encourage you to all get a *free* flickr account and go play at Big Huge Labs. They have some fun toys.

But one of my favorite features is the PhotoJojo Timecapsule. They email you some of your most interesting pictures from Flickr that you posted a year prior. You can even leave a message for your future self too!

This can be a fun way to look back on the year....but sometimes the results are well, not so fun.

This was the first image that I saw....
Yup. That's right. Just about a year ago, I was all happy and excited because I was welcoming my husband home from 457 days in Iraq. (That's 1 year, 92 days). Now
we are saying goodbye yet again. Sigh. Well at least I know that when I see the goodbye pictures pop up in my time capsule, I'll have him home again.


And in other news....the last bit of time he had home was spent very mellow. VERY mellow. In fact, Matt has been drugged up since our early Saturday morning visit to the ER. Turns out that he had 6 (yes, ladies and gents, count 'em, SIX) Kidney stones.


Yeah, my camera was in my purse, so I had to snap a picture after the pain subsided a bit (thanks to good ol' morphine)  Plus I still don't know if they can recover anything at all from my hard drive, so I'm taking every picture that I can get!

So our time has been spent taking naps on the couch, being lazy and relaxing...I suppose that's okay, since that's what we wanted to do anyway!

3 comments:

  1. I can't believe your not having anxiety over the hard drive and Matt leaving combined. If you need some of my meds just let me know =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA HA HA!! Matt looks super drugged. hehehehehe. (Oh yeah..I hope you feel better. Poor Matt)

    ReplyDelete
  3. poor guy!!! I know from personal experience how terribly painful that is!

    ReplyDelete

Blah Blah Blah! I know you want to let me know what you think! :)