Sunday, February 1, 2009

That's just not good enough.

I've been working my way through Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University.

Right now, I'm on the lesson about bargaining. Rule #1 Be Honest! The other rules are pay with CASH (You really do get a better deal that way!), just be quiet and use the phrase, "That's just not good enough." (And then be prepared to walk away if it isn't!)

I was watching this lesson on line while my son sat at the table next to me and worked on his homework.

He asked for a snack, but since it was almost dinner I didn't want him to have too much to eat. I said he could have a piece of cheese, but that was it.

He looked me straight in the eye and said, "Mom, that's just not good enough."

He admitted that Dave was more interesting than spelling words....he had listened to the whole lesson and practiced it on me!

He cracks me up!

Anyway, here are a few tips from Dave himself...
1. CASH is emotional, visual, and immediate.
2. Walkaway power is one of the most powerful, yet underutilized, tools in buying bargains.
3. If you shut up you might get a great deal—silence is powerful!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blah Blah Blah! I know you want to let me know what you think! :)