Sunday, December 7, 2008

Gratitude for.....photography

Usually I keep my buisness posts confined to my heartpics.blogspot.com blog or to my photosoftheheart.org website.   But I HAD to share these and add this to my gratitude list for the month.

I love being a photographer.  i love capturing special moments between people and finding the relationship.  I like to showcase personality.   I confess.  I'm not that great.  I have many sessions where I've felt that I didn't do a very good job.  Unfortuanately, some of the sessions I've wanted to be great....fell flat.  I'm not always sure why they don't work out, but I'm learning that I'm not a typical photographer.  I'm not the best at getting posed group shots.  Since that's a BIG part of traditional photography, I'm still working on finding my style...in a way that clients want.

Today was amazing.  I have been sick as a dog, but Maura had begged me to squeeze her and her new husband in before he deploys.  I am so glad that my coughing didn't scare them off and I am so glad that I didn't cancel!  Today was amazing (Yeah, I know I said that already, but it's true!)

They wanted something fun and different.  They gave me complete freedom to do anything I wanted and they specifically did NOT want a chain-studio style picture.  It was a bit nerve wracking when I kept coughing instead of shooting, but I did manage to get a few (heck, a TON) of cool shots in.

So I am grateful that I'm learning to grow as an artist.  I'm grateful that I had the chance to try something new...and I"m REALLY grateful that what I saw in my head showed up when I downloaded my images!  And even if I get even worse (my cough is KILLING ME now) it was worth it.

Let me know what you think!
 
They are obviously madly in love and they were completely at ease....to the point of being extremely fun and goofy...I am going to have SO much fun processing the pictures.  My only problem....how to pick my favorites!  I think that these two are some of them.  Now I just have to narrow down the 100 or so other shots!

4 comments:

  1. They did turn out amazing. Where were you when I lived there?? what the heck...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look really good, along with all the other ones of yours I've seen I don't know why you said you didn't feel that great. I think your pictures are amazing! All of them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There have been a few families (in the ward no less!) that I never really felt like I gave them what they wanted. Actually, there have been 4 families that I felt that I struggled on....and all 4 of them are in my ward.
    sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How brave to take a shot into the sun. Normally that's a big no-no, but you really know your camera! These are great photos, as always. I guess you never post the bad ones, but you've got thousands of great ones, how many more could there possibly be?

    ReplyDelete

Blah Blah Blah! I know you want to let me know what you think! :)