Sunday, September 28, 2008

I am SUCH a dork.

Oh, I am such a complete and utter dork.

As a joke, I set an alarm on my phone for the song, "I kissed a girl". The lyrics (that play on my alarm) are "I kissed a girl and I liked it, the taste of her cherry chapstick. I kissed a girl and I liked it, I hope her boyfriend don't mind it."

It's a joke, people. Matt sings it to me when it's on the radio and yes, I do wear cherry chapstick.

BUT

Last night at the Stake Relief Society Meeting, I lost my phone. Someone called and said they put it in the clerks office. But when Matt went to pick it up (major migraine on my part-he was so sweet) the office was locked.

I don't start church till 11. But at 8 am my phone will start playing "I kissed a girl" LOUDLY. And it will continue to play every 15 or 20 min till someone turns off the alarm. But the point is....in less than 20 min a song that many churchy type people *might* find objectionable will start playing....and then I will have to get my phone post music. sigh.

I can just see the looks....and I really don't feel like explaining why I have that song as an alarm. Just sigh. Sigh, cause I lost the phone and sigh 'cause I'm a dork.

6 comments:

  1. THAT is the most exciting thing I've heard all day. Hopefully the ward before you has a librarian that's not so old that they'll explode when they hear it.

    The other day I was sitting at my desk at the bank, and a customer came in. She's an (annoyingly) outspoken lesbian (much to her parents' chagrin, as they're customers, too), and as she's at the teller line, her phone starts to ring - with that song.

    I started to laugh so hard I had to dive under my desk so she couldn't tell. My boss (who sees the back of my desk from her windowed office) gave me the funniest look ever, as I was hunkered under and reeling with suppressed laughter.

    Great times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a pretty funny story Dana. I can envision the reactions at church as that goes off.

    Of course, since I have all sorts of heavy metal songs as my alarms, I would probably raise a few eyebrows as well

    ReplyDelete
  3. HA ha ha!! That is hilarious... I hope everything worked out. I really enjoyed that broadcast last night. Elder Uchtdorf is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so did you survive?

    ReplyDelete
  5. It DID go off and someone turned it into the clerk post alarm. Fortunately, it was someone from the meeting prior to ours and I never had to see the look on their face!

    I did get it back...Yea for losing stuff at church.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL. Good story.

    Of all the embarrassing songs to have as a ringtone in church, I think that one might rank pretty high up there.

    ReplyDelete

Blah Blah Blah! I know you want to let me know what you think! :)