Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Blenders, Words and Numbers

I've been ditching things all week but I don't know if they count since I've neglected to blog about them.

Actually most of them only go to prove I really didn't need them...why? "cause I can't remember what they all were!

But I do remember ditching a bottle of unused red hair glosser-you put it in and blow dry to brighten your red color...but I'm not a redhead any more....so it went.

I gave Connor's teacher a skip counter that I made from TheToymaker.com and a bunch of magnetic words that I thought I wanted till I had them. I used to play with Juliets all the time...writing poetry on her fridge but when I got my own, there was too much pressure to "use" them, so I didn't. Therefore...be gone with you.

And last but not least. I bravely threw away my blender. I have said for years that it needed to be replaced. The buttons are broken, the seal on the base leaks and some sort of black ooze is creaping out. Obviously it wasn't on it's last legs a few years ago when the button broke, but the ooze is another story. I finally ditched it! so now I have to find a reasonably priced blender that can last another 12 years. Wish me luck.

6 comments:

  1. Yay for you getting rid of more stuff! :-) especially that blender!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi pal! I clicked you on Joe and found what you wrote for Big Daddy, you must have included me in on that? (i.e. pointing us toward this blog.)

    So I'm here, Thank You! I'll catch up on reading your discourses here & at Joe as I manage to figure out how to use my free time wisely. Wish me luck!

    (p.s. I can't resist asking: You didn't intended to misspell the name of Handel's Hallelujah chorus? That's either one heck of a Freudian slip, or a powerful statement you're making there![?] Or maybe if I read your entire blog I'll see that you've already explained yourself?...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, we should give you OUR blender. It's practically new, but we only use it to make occasional smoothies. We've got this other thing with a much smaller capacity, but a much more vicious blade, and we tend to use that for all our pulverizing needs. If you haven't already found a new blender, let me know and I'll send you ours if you're interested!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously, go for the Vita-Mix. Sell a child if you have to. You will not be sorry you did!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad I'm not the only one who buys things that end up not being as useful as I was convinced they would be!

    We just recently got a blender and I am not in love with it. It doesn't do a great job chopping through frozen fruit.

    I think it's technically a smoothie maker, but not much of one!

    ReplyDelete

Blah Blah Blah! I know you want to let me know what you think! :)