Sunday, September 21, 2008

Be careful what you say.

Yesterday, while enjoying a lazy Saturday morning, Matt and I were sleeping in. Connor can get cereal and milk for him and his sister (I am LOVING that) so we can linger in bed till 8 or so....

They banged on the door and asked to go play outside. We said to go for it and listed to them in the backyard through the open window. (Yes, it's finally cool enough to open the windows-I'm loving that too!)

I got up after a few more minutes and went outside to watch them play...and found them BOTH in their underwear! (Boy, am I glad we have a tall fence for privacy!)

"Connor, I'm going to ask you a question. Can you guess what it is?"

"um, why am I in my underwear?" As he tries to hide his underroos.

"Yup. Why are you in your underwear?"

"W-e-e-ll, you didn't SAY we had to put underwear on."

"Yeah, but WHY are you not wearing pants?"

"It took too long and I just wanted to go play."

Alrighty then. Lesson learned. This morning, I was MUCH more specific.
"

4 comments:

  1. LOL! I like the way he thinks!

    The cooler weather is wonderful, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like something I want to do now...for some reason the past few days well weeks really I haven't wanted to get dressed ever. So I dont unless I have to if we're going somewhere. :-( I think clothes are so overrated!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm laughing so hard I want to cry... only cause my kids have done that :)!! I love it.

    ReplyDelete

Blah Blah Blah! I know you want to let me know what you think! :)