Thursday, July 10, 2008

Thursday Five

I am still grateful....
Today, I am grateful for:
1. My mother in law's extreme talent in sewing and her willingness to share that talent. She is the one who taught me to sew and has more talent in her little finger than I ever will. She can look at a piece of fabric and see how it would look as a dress. She gives several of her granddaughters sewing lessons, teaches many of the girls at church and then works with a group of women to make quilts for elderly in nursing homes, children in urgent care homes, plus baby blankets for everyone she knows or is related to someone she knows.

2. In addition to teaching, she is willing to make ANYTHING that someone asks for help with. She has made several dresses for Maddy, most recently a flower girl dress. This 3 1/2 lb dress is AMAZING. The snapshots don't do it justice. It has a separate petticoat, layers and layers of fabric and bows. I saw dresses that were not nearly as good selling in bridal shops for $150. I was so incredibly amazed at how talented she is and how fantastic this dress is. I intended to make the dress myself, but it would have taken 3 times as long and been nowhere near as wonderful.

flowergirl

3. I am grateful for my blog. That way I can publicly gush about those I love.

4. I am grateful that Maddy was willing to leave her "bestest friend in the world, Maya" and try the dress on for a whole 2 minutes!

5. I am grateful that I have photoshop....so I can scrapbook fun stuff like this!

1 comment:

  1. oh my heck I will totally pay you for that dress when you are done with it! It is soooo cute I can't even believe it! Your mother in law (i think that's who you said, in one ear out the other...well mind) is amazing! My mom and I are going to attempt to make my temple dress, we'll see how that goes!

    ReplyDelete

Blah Blah Blah! I know you want to let me know what you think! :)