Wednesday, July 9, 2008

list of five

With 7 minutes to spare....here are my five for the day.

1. I'm glad that I have ability to videotape my kids. See below for example.

*****NOTE: Blogger doesn't like my videos, so while I can watch them....you can't. sorry.*****

2. I'm glad that I have had the opportunity to visit interesting places.....namely those in CONUS where I'm not being shot at. See photo...and yes, they really do have a statue honoring a bug. Can you name this bug?


3. I am grateful that I found the quote I was looking for so I could mail some letters to some very special kids. (I forgot to keep a copy for me....so it may be wrong...but here is the gist)

"If you have nothing or nobody to be grateful to, pick up your toothbrush and say," Thank you for being such a great little gadget." ~Sis. Hinkley

4. I'm glad my husband is home. Time seems to fly by and he is gone too often. Even though he didn't make it home till 2330, he still made it home today. We have 1 month till they go to the field for a month, then one month before he is gone to ANOC for 2 months, then one, maybe 1 1/2 till he deploys. So we have maybe 3-4 months left. Depressing huh? But at least he is here now.

5. And I'm glad that I have so many happy memories. I spent a bunch of time working on a gift for my family (that I will see in a few weeks) and found a bunch of cool pictures that brought back lots of happy thoughts.


Note: Bonus: I'm grateful to Catie and Matt. Thank you for keeping me from having a total and complete meltdown in my ever-more desperate quest to find a modest bridesmaid dress that doesn't make me look like "two pigs fighting under a blanket". Bonus points if you can tell me where that quote came from!

3 comments:

  1. Is that a beetle? or roach? gross! okay call me stupid but what does conus mean?

    ReplyDelete
  2. steel magnolias....

    anytime babe, anytime! I had fun, see you tomorrow at the gym!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Conus...Contenental United States.

    It's actually a Boil Weevil.

    ReplyDelete

Blah Blah Blah! I know you want to let me know what you think! :)