Friday, June 27, 2008

Musicals vrs. The Opera


On our way home from the VLA performance of Suessical the Musical, Matt commented that this children's production was way (way WAY) better than The Bat (the opera we went to in Austin) and it was a heck of a lot cheaper!

I have to admit that he is 100% right. It was fun to dress up and be "grown ups" and do something together, but the Opera itself left a lot to be desired. Enough about that however, I'm happy and want to brag on these kids.

The Cast was GREAT! I was so impressed with the singing abilities and the pure talent of these kids. Special kudos to Sydni Bringhurst for a great job falling down! The Grinch, Horton, Maisy (the flashy bird with a great voice and attitude) and Gertrude (a plain, yet kooky and adorable bird) were fantastic. Connor and Maddy were enthralled by the sets and special effects (yup, black lights and smoke!) and really enjoyed the dancing and singing too.

So I'm tired and going to bed, but if you have the chance to catch Suessical before the run is done, I highly recommend that you do it!

1 comment:

Blah Blah Blah! I know you want to let me know what you think! :)