Sunday, September 18, 2011

The Patriotic Support of those in Maine




I have been in many airports all over the country.   One thing that always fills me with pride is when I see the veterans and volunteers at the airports as they greet the soldiers.   I remember scrolling through hundereds of pictures when Matt deployed...just looking for that one picture of him at his last stop in the USA.   
One of the groups that is dedicated to supporting our troops and showing their appreciation is http://ourstopinmaine.smugmug.com/    It's a mom and pop organization, but they make the effort to greet and shake the hands of the soldiers as they have one more layover in the states.
I know that the families appreciate seeing their loved ones one more time.  I also know that while some soldiers might be embarassed at the outpouring of gratitude, that it feels great to know that someone cares.  I know I appreciated it.

So this time, it was my baby brother's turn.   I know I should quit refering to this grown man as my baby brother, but I love him and just can't stop.  Thank you to the people who were able to be there when I couldn't.   Thank you for taking his picture, for making these soldiers smile, for letting them feel loved, for shaking his hand when I couldn't be there to say goodbye.

{PS:  Does anyone want to help adopt a soldier or write?   I know a cute guy you can support!  Or I can give you contact info for other guys that don't get a lot of mail}




 This has been a very long term support....
Thanks.


Photos submitted by Ron Lare. Thank you to Cheryl Lare for handing out cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blah Blah Blah! I know you want to let me know what you think! :)