Sunday, September 18, 2011

Details-Old Wisconsin

So I finally figured out how to blog directly from Lightroom. I have a feeling that my procrastination with blogging may decrease now that I can post all my pictures with one click instead of having to pick a few favorites and then save as jpg before I can upload them and then write what is on my mind.....I can just pick the ones I like....click and post. Heck, I can even write in LR (that's what I am doing now) and that way I don't have to go online until it's posted! It means that facebook and other distractions are easier to avoid while I'm trying to blog. 

 Now on to the pictures. While in Chicago, Grandma Christie, Maddy and I went to Old Wisconsin. Of course, with Maddy's love for Laura Ingalls Wilder meant that this was a GREAT way to spend the day. I do have pictures of the fun we had, but I also snapped some pictures of some of the details that caught my eye throughout the day. 

 We have pictures of the brick... furnace and organ in the church....The tools and horseshoes in the blacksmith's shop, details of a weaving loom, most tempting....vintage reproduction prints in the general store (not for sale), buttons and sewing fun too! Since this was just for me, I enjoyed playing around with the pictures in between other projects. That's why you might notice a huge variation in the processing styles. But I enjoy seeing life as it was and I am grateful for many of the things we take for granted. (although I'm in love with the great details on everything!) Enjoy. And be grateful for the power of Lightroom....because I may actually blog pictures of my kids one of these days!

 

























1 comment:

  1. Dana! Beautiful pictures! Laura Ingalls is smiling down on you!!! That day with you and Maddy is one of my favorite memories of the summer!!! Love, Christa XO

    ReplyDelete

Blah Blah Blah! I know you want to let me know what you think! :)