Saturday, April 30, 2011

I'm loving my new bike....

So my running is sidelined. I've been doing some mid-distance rides but I miss logging higher miles and feeling that sense of accomplishment that comes after a 12 mile run. I know I"m teaching a power yoga class and while it is fun to make soldiers cry, it's not as satisfying as it sounds.

Matt has been riding with his SGM and they are logging in 20 mile rides pretty regularly, working towards a 60 mile trip to Benson and back. I'm not sure how I'll do longer rides like that unless I find a partner but I'm working on it.

I love ....

...seeing a huge climb and knowing I can do it.

...finishing a huge climb and realizing it wasn't as hard as I thought it was going to be.

...flying down a hill at 35 mph (I chickened out and braked on a few hills.....)

....coming home and realizing I'm not exhausted yet.

...planning on what I'll be doing next!

...feeling a sense of accomplishment when I see my numbers going up.


My newest ride was out to the West Gate and back. One hill took me 15 minutes to go up (I'll go faster next time since I know what is after it....) but only 3 minutes to get back! AWESOME.
Time:01:09:01
Distance:13.57 mi
Elevation Gain:1,152 ft
Calories:768 C

Untitled by pamperedstone@yahoo.com at Garmin Connect - Details


Plus I'm frustrated with my general lack of ability to lose weight lately (darn 30s!) and I'm hoping this new challenge will be what I need!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blah Blah Blah! I know you want to let me know what you think! :)