Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Kids Rock too!

Connor ran the Kids Rock Arizona and did a great job!  It was really crowded and he was just a little nervous, so I was planning on standing with him till he started the race.  Since Erika showed up, we both ran with him!

The small pictures are from the official race photography website here.  Since the pictures are $15 a pop, I'll just post the thumbnails here.

The start line.  The kids had a wave start by grade with about 10 kids going ever 15 seconds.  Connor's group had 300 kids!

The obligatory post race shot with his awesome medal.....



Running with mom.  (My inner voice is saying that I really need some new jeans.  Those look awful!)  But I digress.  The focus should be on my boy.


This is a cool action shot.  Although I think he was saying something about how he thought he was going to die and his legs were tired.   I took no sympathy and told him to keep running!

 The finish with Mom and Erika.  Why didn't I pull my hair back before I started to run?!?!  Sorry....all about me again.  Boy is really awesome......he wasn't happy with us at first....but then he was proud.



Connor decided to stretch before the race.   So he stretched his wrists.   I have no idea what he was thinking.


At the start, waiting for his turn to go.   The lines on the ground mark each wave.  


Connor's cheering squad and motivators!


And just because I love seeing the kids together.....a shot of them at the hotel the night before his race.  I think it is great that they still love each other so much!


Yeah, he is a pretty great kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blah Blah Blah! I know you want to let me know what you think! :)