Thursday, November 18, 2010

The brain in a 5 year old girl is weird.

Madeline just told me that she got to be the princess today at recess. She has been frustrated because Kayla has been the princess every day and she wanted a turn. We talked this morning about how Kayla never wants to share princess time and everyone else has to be the foxes that chase the princess. She went to school in a princess dress, with princess hair extremely motivated to have a turn!

This afternoon she updated me. They were both princesses because Maddy said (and I quote) "that whoever was kissed by the prince would live happily ever after but whoever didn't would die. But nobody was kissed by the prince, so we were dead. The prince was Daniel, Kayla's boyfriend. But Kayla is too little to have a boyfriend because she should be ...

...(insert long pause here)...


....footloose and fancy free".

I'm rolling my eyes. At least she thinks footloose and fancy free means you can run and play on the playground with anyone you want.

1 comment:

Blah Blah Blah! I know you want to let me know what you think! :)