Wednesday, October 28, 2009

There are so many things that I want to remember so I'm going to write out some of them now before evrything is so overwhelming that I forget!

The trip was a long drive but it was nice to be with Matt again!

I have to admit. I've spent a lot of time reading about and planningvthis trip. After all, what else should I do for the 9 month wait?

So day one, I amdit that I was excited. I've been waiting till my kids were old enough to take since before they were born! We had my trusty plan (with spontinaity built in-inside joke there). We got to the ticket area super early to avoid crowds. I didn't know how long getting Matts ticket would take. I had visions of swarms of people packing the park and wall to wall crowds in MY way. Turns out that it was no big deal. We had rock star parking. Right by the entrance! No crowds as we rode the monorail to the park. I was more excited than the kids at first. They didn't know what to expect and I was reliving my childhood dreams!

We were right by the ropes to let us into the magic kingdom and did have to wait a few minutes but I vastly prefer that to being in the middle of a pushing mass of strangers! I took Becky's advice and got a double stroller for the kids. Connor only used it occassionally but it has been nice to have. We were able to ditch it several times and then pick up a new one later!

Matt was sceptical when he saw my plan for the morning but he had to admit that I rock when he realized that we never ever waited more than 5 min to ride a ride. (Peter Pan was the only one!) every other ride was simply a matter of walking up to the gate!

I didn't think the kids would get all the references to "classic" characters, but Maddie loved the Winnie the Pooh ride and it took Matt and I back down memory lane. She even wanted to ride it again!

The kids loved the teacups but Matt decided to sit out the "happy-go-puky" as he calls it. The kids wanted me to go a lot faster than I expected!

We rode Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. Maddie was nervous but excited. She rode with Matt but he didn't understand what she needed to not freak out. Actually, my sister Julie totally freaked out but Maddie just said "I don't think I want to do that again". Poor baby. Then Matt kept talking about how fast it was and how it was okay if she was scared. I was frustrated with him. That was freaking her out even more! It was okay though, maddie and I talked about how it was really exciting and cool. She decided that se wanted to go back and try it again. We had snagged fast passes so we figured we could see how she felt later.

We stopped for lunch early at the resturaunt in Frontierland. (11:15)Heratige House? I'll have to look it up. We got in with no reservations and a short wait because they were not officially open yet. The food was really good. A bit more expensive than counterservice but very yummy. They saw our badges (we are celebrating Matt's 40th and Maddie's 5th while he is home on R&R) and brought out cake for them after lunch. The cast members go out of their way to make birthdays special. Telling them happy birthday, free parking, special deserts etc.

Right before we left, out waiter brought a box out to Matt and said that it was from all the staff at the resturaunt as a thank you for his service. (connor's badge said that he was celebrating his dad returning from Iraq). It was really cool and Matt got all choked up. He never looks for attention or asks for appreciation. It was a nice statue of an eagle wrapped in an American flag. It was a cool special appreciation for him.

We hit Adventureland and saw a parade and show smack dab in front of the castle after lunch and left by 1. We saw most of the park by 11!

We were going to take a nap and come back later but we decided to relax by the pool and hang out and watch Monsters vrs Aliens.

I am so glad we scheduled our trips to the parks in such a way that we can ditch and not feel like we missed anything!

Since I am typing this on my phone my thumbs need a break!




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. Your trip sounds so cool dana! I'm so happy for you all that you get to have such a great vaycay together. I really liked the part about Matt's gift. He does deserve sooo much appreciation. He's amazing. Love you both!

    ReplyDelete

Blah Blah Blah! I know you want to let me know what you think! :)