Sunday, August 16, 2009

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it is too dark to read.

Those who know us, know that we are big readers. Both of us grew up in families that love to read. We have boxes and boxes of books stacked in the garage because we can't fit them all in the house. We have to rotate the books. Our favorite date when we were poor, starving privates was to go to the bookstore, cuddle on the couch and read. Then put the books back since we had no money to buy them!

Thanks to my nifty iPhone, I no longer forget where I put my books. I've been downloading books onto my phone so that I have couple dozen avalible all the time. Heaven! now if I can just figure out how to download them from the library.....

I make regular runs to the library. When they call, they don't just say, "The book you requested is in.", they say, "The book that Connor asked for is in." While Connor is a huge video game fan, he is also a big reader. When he gets into a book, he will stay up till midnight to finish it! I've seen him read all day long for 3 days in a row because the book is just "so exciting!".

Maddie however, is still at the "learning to read" stage. Sometimes she will sit down and read a book or two, but she can't read well enough to get to the point where she gets really engrossed in the book. She's getting there though!

She always asks to read at bedtime, usually she will try to read for a minute and then put the book down and go to sleep. But the other day, I walked in and was shocked to see her still reading. But no. She had fallen asleep with a book in her hands! I guess she is well on her way to joining the Stone Reading Addiction.


book girl

Lately, I've noticed the kids like to hang out on Connor's loftbed reading books together. More often than not, Maddie will convince Connor to read to her. This morning, they decided Maddie's bed was more comfortable. I think it's a perfect Sunday morning when the kids cuddle up in bed and read!

book kids

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blah Blah Blah! I know you want to let me know what you think! :)