Sunday, May 17, 2009

My little girl

I am so proud of my little girl. She is such a sweet child and is growing up so fast. I'm constantly amazed at her imagination and joy in life.
web_May09_0251_1

The other day I caught her reading, unprompted, out loud...alone. I was so filled with pride. My baby is reading...and I didnt' have to force her to sit still to do it! Our entire family is made of readers...we have more books than pretty much anything else, so I'm glad that she is at that magical stage where she "gets it".

So when she was asked to read a scripture on baptism at church on Sunday, I was excited. I looked for a scripture that she would 1-really understand and 2-be able to read! We settled on this one....after church I recorded her reading it. The first one is full of silliness and a bit hard to understand, so watch the second one if you want a "good version". I have to admit that the one at church was pretty funny. She would look at her paper, lean way in and say ONE word, then lean back and look at the paper...lean way in and say another word! By the time she finished the scripture, the 3 and 4 year olds were all repeating after her! Super cute!



take 2-not so silly

2 comments:

  1. Wow! She is so grown-up! What a cutie!! I'm sure your example has helped her want to learn how to read. That's wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. how cute! looks like you're doing pretty good!

    ReplyDelete

Blah Blah Blah! I know you want to let me know what you think! :)