Saturday, February 14, 2009

A dozen kids...

Yup.  You read that right.  A dozen kids at my house this weekend.  I would have thought I would go crazy, but after the first 6, you really don't notice the rest!

Connor had his friend Mitchell and Mitchell's sister Darcy spend the night on Friday.   I figured that if I'm not doing anything for Valentine's Day....someone should!  I thought about it and invited Connor's friend Conor over as well.  Three boys and two girls...they all got along really well and entertained each other.   Connor and Mitchell grooved on the video games, Connor and Conor liked the Legos and all the boys played outside...stayed up really really late and woke up at 6 am!

What is up with that?  I know that they were tired....why couldn't they sleep till at least 7?  Put I suppose it's fair.  I seem to remember my parents being cranky when my friends and I woke up in the morning after a sleepover!

The girls played dress up all day Friday and then as soon as they woke up.  they came to me about every 10 minutes to show me the minute variations in their outfits!

Conor spent the entire day playing and it was really nice to have him here again.  I admit I missed the M. boys, especially Conor.  My kids talked about them all the time and still remembered them even after they moved away and came back.

The rest of the boys showed up around 4 in the afternoon....to be joined by the C. kids.  Becky needs a break, I don't know how she is always so cheerful, but she is!  So she went out to enjoy a valentine's burritto and have some mom time....her kids and the M. boys and my kids all got along really well!  The older boys and Natalie would play video games.  The girls and Finn ran around the house chasing each other and playing dress up again.  The Con(n)ors were just crazy and played outside...spurring a mass exodus from the house where all kids 4 and up screamed through the yard till they were too cold to stay outside!

I don't have a table big enough for all the kids to eat, so they had to eat in 3 shifts!  It was pretty fun when all was said and done.  The C. kids went home and the M. boys stayed over till late....just mellowing out.

So except for one bedwetting the first night and an ear-biting incident the second, I think it went rather well!
I think that a big part of the ease in this weekend was that a-all the kids are really good kids and b-the average age is NOT 2!

12 kids
A-11 years old
S-10 years old
B-8 or 9??

N-9 years old
C-6 years old
M-6 years old
C-6 years old
D-5 years old
M-4 years old
A-4 years old
F-3 years old
A-18 months

3 comments:

  1. THANK YOU DANA, I remember thinking, wow, Dana really has it together tonight, what kind of drugs did you take before I brought my kids over? Let me return the favor, ok?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you are so much nicer than I am! 12 kids! wow. That's just all I can say to that.

    ReplyDelete

Blah Blah Blah! I know you want to let me know what you think! :)