Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Unexpected Consequenses.

Use it up.
Use it out.
Make do.
Do without.

Something to consider.

In our quest to buy less (cause we are broke) or live simpler lives, we (as a consumer driven nation) have been purchasing less. That' s a good thing, right? We create less waste and live more frugal lives.

Apparently due to the decreased demand, 1/2 of the companies in China that make US toys, such as Barbies, Blocks etc. That means 7000 Chinese workers have been laid off in the past month or so.

Maybe we should buy more toys.

3 comments:

  1. I'm a little scared about what's going on with the world's economy too. I'm bracing myself for a huge depression. I'm by no means prepared, just braced. Like when my tummy gets the rumbles I think, "How will it feel when I have nothing to feed my kids?" I am worried.

    (By the way, can you tell me how you get "RSS Feeds" to people's blogs? I think that sounds like a nifty tool.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not MY fault! I am still buying too much crap. I need financial boot camp!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait, is RSS that nifty little button I've got at the top of my screen? I'll try it here :)

    ReplyDelete

Blah Blah Blah! I know you want to let me know what you think! :)