Saturday, June 28, 2008

Swimming With Superheros

Yesterday while the kids napped, I was exhausted and wanted to relax. (but napping was out of the questions) I wanted to be cool and read a book and I was tired of being trapped in the house.


So, of course I grabbed a book and lounged in the kids blow up pool in the backyard. I stuck a lounge chair in the pool so I could soak my feet without getting my book wet. Ahhh.

But Connor came out and wanted to get in. That was fine...until he said, "Mom, why do you have to read all the time? You are kind of boring."

Eeeek! So of course, I had to put the book away and play with my boy. We wrestled and splashed and had a squirt gun fight. We practiced floating and holding our breath underwater. He is working on not holding his nose and opening his eyes!

I got this shot of Connor swimming underwater...afterwards I noticed Dash floating his way into the shot. I love it. My superhero boy with his superhero toy.

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea. I was trying to figure out how to cool off and putting a lawn chair in the kiddie pool is ingenious! I am going to go out and buy my pool this week! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Blah Blah Blah! I know you want to let me know what you think! :)