Monday, September 19, 2011

More Pictures of Old Wisconsin with Grandma Christa

 
We arrived in Illinois for Julia's wedding a few days early, but Julia didn't have time to just hang out. She had final fittings, flower appointments, so on and so forth....so we lucked out and got to hang out with Josh's mom.

 Christa offered to take us to Old Wisconsin. She had memories of going there as a child and wanted to share that with Maddy. The two of them both love Laura Ingalls Wilder's books so this was a lot of fun for both of them. Maddy thought it was facinating to see so many facets of life back then. I confess, this was one of my favorite parts of the trip. Don't get me wrong, the wedding was awesome. One of the best adventures a wedding can be! (tornados, hail, rain, sun, dancing and fun!) Exploring Chicago with Julia? Fantastic! But this was a nice, slow paced day that really let us relax and take our time.

Maddy and I really enjoyed spending time with Grandma Christa.   She wasn't sure at first how she felt about her honorary status as a grandma, but since she could be one pretty soon, I think she was willing to  snag Maddy as hers.

 I'm breaking up the pictures a little bit. I'm sure that nobody wants to read ALL of them at the same time, but hopefully I'll get them all up soon.

 Christa and Maddy posing with bonnets that Maddy HAD to have. Turns out that it was great because she hates wearing sunglasses and it was a very sunny day!



In this tiny little house, we learned about the history of the woman who lived there and even met some of the descendants of the original owners!







Maddy enjoyed playing housewife and learning how Laura would have done laundry and ironing....but she really loved looking at the horses in the pasture across from the house.








I love this one!




She had the chance to play at the blacksmith's shop and asked lots of questions and got to help make a wagon wheel and even got a horseshoe!













No comments:

Post a Comment

Blah Blah Blah! I know you want to let me know what you think! :)