Monday, December 20, 2010

Somehow this never got posted, but better late than never!

I love Christmas...everything about it. I love the music and the lights, giving gifts, spending time with friends and family, decorating, mint m&ms (only at christmas!), the food, everything. I love the spiritual meaning behind the celebration. I love the magic of the season for the kids. I love how my son really believed (?) in Santa and at 6 he thought that Santa was hired by James Madison. (long story....but J.M. was his favorite president) I confess, I even love how stores start decorating in September!

And a pic from my 365 project in 2007.
I love christmas 5/365

I told you all that so I could tell you this. Matt and I got in a "fight" this morning.

Yup. It's a yearly tradition. It happens every single year since the year we got married.

We "fight" about Christmas. (It's all in fun, folks. So don't get your panties in a twist.)

We don't agree on ANYTHING about Christmas. Well, maybe a few things, but I can't think of them!

I think all of the decorations should be up by Thanksgiving.  He thinks the day after is pushing it.  I bet he would wait longer if I let him.

I like twinkly white lights. He loves colored lights that fade in and out.

I think the tree should have lots of lights. He thinks one strand is enough.  (I used 13 strands of 200 each this year)

I think we should open ALL of the presents on Christmas Eve.  He wants to wait till Christmas morning and calls me a heathen for my blatant disregard for Christmas tradition..

I think that Santa is overrated.  He....well, he doesn't really disagree that much on this point.

I want to not go too crazy and spoil the kids.  He IS a kid at heart and just can't stop himself.

I want a family Christmas at home with the people we love close beside us.
He wants the same thing.

I guess we do agree.

And while looking for a picture I found this....Just an old shot.....

Just cause she was so cute.

3 comments:

  1. Well at least your "fights" are in good fun. The man in our house got so mad at me last night that he punched a huge hole in the wall. Today he held all the car keys and my cell phone hostage so I had to walk to the gym in 20 degrees fahrenheit. And he never forgets to remind me that the car keys and cell phone belong to him anyway, as well as all my blankets & pillows which he took away from me last night too. So I had to go find a blanket that I had purchased with my own money before I met him. Aah, the spirit of Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. Maddy is undeniably cute at every age, and you & Matt are a great team!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, I'm with you on everything except the Christmas Eve thing. We open one gift on Christmas Eve and do dinner and the nativity. That's it. Christmas Day is 'bring on the eating candy all day, stay in your PJ's, open all your presents, and play with them day'!

    BTW, I LOVE Mint M&M's too!!! I just ran out too-off to the store I go! :)

    ReplyDelete

Blah Blah Blah! I know you want to let me know what you think! :)